Welcome to Voice of Zion!
An article about the sealing power called One Man or Many? A must read for any Brighamite or Eastern Church member. Also read my article Free-agency and Spiritual Anarchy, to learn how to restore the ordinances for your own family Kingdom as well as see an article towards the bottom called the Good News of Chaos. Here is a New article called In the Mouth of Two or Three Witnesses, about an important doctrine which has been revealed and re-revealed several times in our dispensation.
For all the Old articles see the Voice of Zion Index.
Revelation given to Samuel Warren Shaffer on November 19th 2011, at one in the morning
Thus saith the Lord, intelligence alone is what governs if a being may hold the Priesthood or not. The way that many black people have acted in thy presence in the past is not the conduct of a Priesthood holder wherefore it hath been easy for thee in the past to deny them, but behold would not the conduct of many of those who are white and delightsome unto those of our race also bar them from the Priesthood? There are those who are sincere and seek out knowledge and those who act as mere animals and whose minds are as that of a golem or a robot. But behold those who are real and can think for themselves, they are they that can hold the Priesthood. For if birds or lizards had sufficient intelligence in this world then they would hold the Priesthood upon earth as they do in heaven. For whenever sufficient intelligence is demonstrated in any being they may receive the Priesthood from their closest parent who is a God or a Goddess.
My Son, I have revealed unto thee in the past the origin of the races in regards to thy own race and also the race of the Asians who’s Gods are from the Red dwarf stars. But behold I shall now reveal unto thee the origin of the black race which I have hitherto withheld the full account of from thee and also all the other Prophets in this dispensation because of the traditions of men. Now the story of Lilith is the story in regards to how thy race did mix with their race, which race was already here and in a socially degenerate state at the time that thy Garden was formed, but this says nothing of their true origin.
Behold my son they did descend from the Gods called the Chunumiheim which do dwell upon the stars which thy scientists have named proton stars. This is where their strong affinity to beat and color arises from. Also the Gods from which they descend are perfectly black and do have large lower lips and horns like unto a goat, wherefore the black people that do live upon thy earth now are a hybrid species between thy two races. And now behold the Chunumiheim do have Priesthood for they are Gods. But verily we the Gods have always told the children of men that all should seek after their own Father in heaven, which Fathers are not all the same. I am not their Father but thy Father, wherefore I do not wish to speak in behalf of their Father, but I can say unto thee that it is a true principle that all the Gods do love their children and will reveal themselves unto those of their children who come unto them in sincerity and truth. And will give unto those of the elect their power and ordinances and the mysteries of their Godhood.
Now my Son, our servant Joseph hath told thee not to worry about the different races in regards to self-restoration for the Priesthood power which is distilled upon the children of men is between each individual and their God, and not the business of the whole. We have also in the past revealed the Patriarchal and Matriarchal orders unto the children men insomuch that things are not in order unless everyone only administers the ordinances of the Gospel unto those of their own family. For verily verily I say unto you the fullness of Priesthood is Patriarchal/Matriarchal. Wherefore I have revealed unto thee that ye should not confer the Priesthood upon other members of they own race or of any race that are not in thy family. Wherefore I have also said unto thee that if a new convert cometh unto thee, that ye should teach them the system of self-restoration which we have revealed unto you; through which all things can be restored unto their bloodline, and which I say unto thee again that it may be revealed unto the children of men. I am thy Father and thy God, and I love thee forever. Amen.
REVELATION given to Spencer W. Kimball, March 6, 1978, Salt Lake City, Utah.
1. Hearken, my servant Spencer, unto the voice of the Lord thy God, and receive my word in answer to thy fervent pleas!
2. Lo, I am well pleased with thee and my servants the Apostles and with all the righteous Saints of my Church. Because of your righteous obedience you are blessed, and I now reveal my Word unto thee, to proclaim unto my Saints and unto all the World;
3. For thou hast oft inquired of me regarding the skin of blackness which marks many of my faithful children, because of which the blessings of my priesthood and of my exaltation have been denied to them;
4. And thy cries and the cries of my black children have ascended unto me, and I now reveal unto thee further light and knowledge in this matter.
5. For my Church is like unto your father Abraham, whom I did sorely tempt, in that I commanded him to take his beloved son and offer up his life as a sacrifice to me;
6. And lo, Abraham in the fullness of righteous obedience did take his son, and did bind him to an altar of rough stones, and did raise the knife to sacrifice him, according to the command which I had given him.
7. And by mine angel did I stop his hand, for his sacrifice of obedience was complete.
8. For human life is not to be taken as a sacrifice to me, except the sacrifice of the Only Begotten, of which Isaac was a type, for such a doctrine and practice is repugnant to me.
9. But it was for Abraham a test of obedience to my Word.
10. And lo, likewise the doctrine of the curse of Cain and the mark of blackness, as well as everything pertaining thereto, is also repugnant to me, but was given unto my Saints as a test.
11. And ye have been valiant and righteous in obeying the words of my mouth which were given not as true doctrine but only as a test for your benefit.
12. Now, therefore, rejoice in my blessing and receive my Word! For no more shall ye make any distinction among my Saints as to their race or as to the color of their skin; for I the Lord God am no respecter of persons, but all shall come unto me and all may be worthy to receive all the blessings of my Gospel without let or hindrance.
Revelation on Blacks and the Priesthood (1978) - continued
13. And now, my servant Spencer, I recommend unto thee my young servant Claymore "Rappa" Johnson, whom in my wisdom I have called and chosen and who, in obedience to my call, has requested baptism at the hands of my servants in East Los Angeles, having repented of his former life of pimping and car theft, yea, even as my servant Joseph Smith, Jr., repented of his former life of treasure hunting and sorcery.
14. For it is my will that Claymore be brought to the headquarters of my Church, and that he be there ordained as mine Apostle, and that he be set apart as the Senior Apostle of my Quorum;
15. For lo, the last shall be first, and the first shall be last, and the meek shall inherit the earth, as it is written.
16. And when I call thee, Spencer, to enter into thy reward, then shalt thou confer upon my servant Claymore the keys of the Priesthood, yea, the keys to bind and loose, to prophesy, to reveal, to know all things, yea, even the leadership of this my Church.
17. For times are changing, and the end is near.
18. And furthermore, as an ensample unto my Saints, I call upon my servant Mark E. Petersen, and as his reward for valiancy and obedience I give unto him in the New and Everlasting Covenant of Marriage my servant and daughter Beulah Jackson Beauregard, who has recently ended her long and faithful life of service to me in Harlem, State of New York, and passed through the veil chaste and unmarried; and I direct my servant Mark and his faithful wife and helpmeet of lo these many years to enter into my house, yea, into my temple in Salt Lake City, and there shall Mark and Beulah be sealed together as husband and wife, with Mark's wife kneeling at the altar as proxy for Beulah, and thus shall Beulah have her eternal exaltation and Mark an eternal plurality of wives.
19. And unto all my faithful servants, from the greatest unto the least, I likewise command them to search out those children of mine of differing races, and, as I have commanded my servant Mark, to provide for them the sealing ordinances in accepting them as their eternal wives and family, that in my Kingdom there shall be all races together in every family, for time and all eternity.
20. For shall not all things be restored? And, if it please me, shall I not command my servant Claymore, when he shall be my mouthpiece on earth, that my revelation as to plurality of wives be restored, yea as it was in the days of my servant Brigham Young? For lo, am I not now preparing the world to accept all forms of marriage? And yea, even concubinage, as my servants Joseph and Brigham never deigned to practice? And shall I not, through my servant Claymore, if it please me, extend to my daughters the power of the priesthood? And yea, bless the marital union of elder to elder, or sister to sister?
21. My Saints shall receive my Word, line upon line, and precept upon precept, as they prove themselves worthy. Prepare yourselves, for I come quickly. Amen.
My source indicates that the copy had to be pieced together from many shreds; apparently it had accidentally been run through an office shredder. For this reason the name "Claymore" is not entirely clear.
Proof that Blacks not being able to hold the Priesthood has been misrepresented in Church history
Within four years of Elijah Abel's conversion, he was ordained an elder in the Melchizedek Priesthood. By June 1836, he was listed, along with a number of other Mormon priesthood holders, as a duly licensed “minister of the gospel.” As a member in good standing, he was promoted in the Melchizedek Priesthood to the rank of seventy in December 1837 and received a patriarchal blessing in the same year. This ordinance, performed by Joseph Smith, Sr., father of the Mormon prophet, proclaimed that Abel was “ordained an Elder and annointed to secure thee against the power of the destroyer.”
1844 or earlier: Walker Lewis, a Black member and barber in Lowell, MA ordained an Elder by William Smith (a younger brother of Joseph Smith Jr.)
Oct 1846: William “Black Pete” McCary baptized and ordained by Apostle Orson Hyde.
This was after the death of Joseph Smith, showing that he never taught the doctrine.
Brigham Young said, “It’s nothing to do with the blood for of one blood has God made all flesh, …we have one of the best Elders, an African [i.e., Walker Lewis] in Lowell.” (Brigham Young Papers, March 26, 1847.)
This is before Brigham Young taught that Blacks could not have the Priesthood, showing he came up with it in Deseret; and also showing that when he was closest to Joseph he did not believe it.
1879: Zebedee Coltrin claims that in 1834, Joseph Smith received a revelation that Blacks are not to be ordained to the priesthood. Zebedee Coltrin also claims that Abel was dropped from the quorum of Seventy when Joseph Smith Jr. learned that Abel was Black. (This is where the Fundamentalists get it.) Apostle Joseph F. Smith Challenged Coltrin’s claim. He showed two certificates of Abel’s re-ordination to the office of Seventy that took place during the Mormon Reformation. Brother Coltrin's memory is shown to be unreliable: His claimed date (1834) for Joseph Smith's announcing the alleged ban is impossible, since Coltrin himself ordained Abel a Seventy in 1836.
Since Zebadee Coltrin’s account has been proven false, there is no thus saith the Lord revelation declaring Blacks cannot have the Priesthood. It is totally unfounded only coming from the opinions of Brigham Young due in part to his racism and in part by the political fact that several prominent members of the Church owned slaves including Apostle Charles C. Rich. The only revelations we have on the matter is that of Spencer W. Kimball and my Revelation.
Nephi said: "For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile." (2 Nephi 26:33)
Furthermore the claims in the Book of Abraham about the Priesthood being withheld only pertain to the specific line of Pharaoh through Egyptus because of them falsely claiming it; however Joseph Smith describes Ham as a Priesthood holder below.
“I have translated a portion of [the plates] and find they contain the history of the person with whom they were found. He was a descendant of Ham, through the loins of Pharaoh, king of Egypt, and that he received his kingdom from the ruler of heaven and earth.” (History of the Church, Vol. 5, p. 372.)
This totally goes against Brigham’s claims that they cannot rule, and shows Joseph Smith believed the ruler of heaven and earth gave a break off group of them rule through divine right, also known as the Priesthood of the Malakim. This is further not contradicted by the at least three Black brethren ordained to Priesthood offices in the early Church.
The Un-necessity of Plural Marriage for Salvation
This should not even be necessary to cover. No one even imagined the idea of necessary Plural Marriage until Brigham Young came up with it in Deseret. Joseph Smith never said a thing about it being necessary for exaltation and promised exaltation to a great many people who never lived it; including his Father Joseph Smith Sr. Alvin Smith and many others. When the eastern Churches heard of it being made a necessity for exaltation by Brigham Young, they were all shocked. It did break all the precedents set during the Prophet Joseph Smith’s life time.
D&C 132 was also heavily edited by Brigham Young, if this was not the case than the eastern Churches would have a copy of it too, but it was not published until the declaration of the Church in Deseret on August 28th 1852. Before this it was just in Brigham Young’s and Bishop Whitakers papers. This is a controversial point but all the eastern Churches agree with this. The minutes of the high council who accepted it in Nauvoo at the time was not recorded until the saints were in Deseret. There was in fact a lot of history back written by the Brighamites and you start realizing this when you start looking at dates and comparing inconsistencies; like the one about Blacks with Zebedee Coltrin for instance. It took me a long time of studying to realize this was the case. Joseph Smith’s plural relationships consisted mostly of affairs, because as he and Martin Harris once said, “adultery was no crime.” (Susquehanna Register, and Northern Pennsylvanian, May 1, 1834).
This would also make sense why he had little remorse about the incident in the barn with Fanny Alger, when there is no evidence she was his wife in any way until Nauvoo, almost a decade later in 1843 when they were sealed on Joseph’s front lawn while she was dressed like a man. The truth is that Joseph Smith was just a free-loving Pagan; and that is the way it is. If you don’t like it take the stance of the eastern Churches; that he was imperfect and sinned. If you are okay with it, then take the stance of William Smith his brother and Cutler who had just as much authority as Brigham, and accept that it is not necessary. Saying that it is necessary is a stake on God. We have already shown that Brigham was unreliable on many points, and I believe his only mission was to reveal Adam-God. Every prophet has a mission they do well and a mistake or mistakes that they make; some larger than others.